Sunday, November 16, 2008

Getting ready to go

So I've just set up this blog in order to keep whoever is interested informed about my approaching adventures in Allada, Bénin. As for now I'm finishing packing, and getting ready for the final dinner here in La Tuque, Québec.

The last few days have been a bit all over the place, We had our going away dinner last night with everyone from the community here. On Thursday we also went to see Tcheka, an artist from Cape Verde, at the local concert hall. It was a great Cabaret. Afterwards we managed to invite Tcheka and his band over to the Teepees at the Hostel I'm staying at. So we (the twenty participants of Canada World Youth) essentially got a private show on my guitar. At one point my host-dad even added some flute on top of the guitar and jembe. I also noticed that in a single Teepee there were seven languages being spoken or sung. Quite the feat for a town where even english is essentially non-existent. This was just to give a quick brief of what's been going on here the last few days and I'll do my best to update once I arrive in Bénin. 

As for now back to packing and getting ready to catch the bus tomorrow morning.

No comments: